The liver works hard everyday, having multiple functions in the body including ridding the body of unwanted toxins via two modes of detoxification, nutrient processing, combating infection, storing nutrients such as iron, controlling levels of glucose, fats and amino acids in the blood… and more! Excess fatty foods, alcohol, viral infection & heavy metals can overload and damage the liver.
The formulation of Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) with the added benefit of the amino acid Taurine :
- Supports the health and function of the liver.
- Traditionally used in herbal medicine to help protect the liver.
- may assist with normal/healthy liver detoxification processes.
- Traditionally used to support bile flow for the relief of symptoms of indigestion (such as sensation of fullness and slow digestion).
- High potency one-a-day formula.
Milk Thistle (also known as St Mary’s Thistle and Blessed Thistle) has a long history of use as a traditional herb for liver & gallbladder health. Excessive amounts of fatty foods, alcohol, or a variety of environmental challenges can place an extra burden on the liver.
Taurine is a conditionally essential amino acid that is found in the human body. It can be produced in the liver from cysteine and methionine. Taurine is involved in the conjugation of bile acids and cell membrane stabilisation.
Each vege capsule contains:
Silybum marianum (Milk Thistle) extract
equivalent to dry fruit 35 g (35000 mg)
equivalent to silymarin 400 mg
Taurine 50 mg
No added gluten, wheat, yeast, animal products, lactose, milk derivatives, sugar, salt, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily.