Fusion Menopause Heat Relief contains dong quai, which is traditionally used to relieve menopause symptoms like hot flushes in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), and anemarrhena, which is traditionally used to relieve menopausal hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness associated with a symptom pattern called kidney Yin deficiency in TCM.
Features and benefits:
- Features dong quai, traditionally used for the relief of menopausal symptoms including hot flushes in TCM
- Contains anemarrhena, which is traditionally used to relieve menopausal hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness associated with kidney Yin deficiency in TCM
- Vitex is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve menopausal symptoms and support healthy reproductive hormones
- Includes pueraria (kudzu), standardised to provide 35mg of isoflavones (phytoestrogens) per vegetable capsule
- Plus horny goat weed, phellodendron and morinda
How it works:
Women usually experience menopause between the ages of 45-55.
As the ovaries age, they produce fewer hormones related to menstruation and eggs are released less frequently, eventually resulting in the end of periods and a woman’s reproductive years.1
Although menopause can cause a vast number of different symptoms, some of the more common are hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness.
Traditional Chinese medicine and menopause
From the perspective of TCM, menopausal symptoms are often characterised by an excess of heat (as occurs in hot flushes and night sweats) and/or dryness (for example as it affects the vaginal tissue), suggesting an underlying deficiency of kidney Yin (female energy) all of which can be relieved with herbs such as anemarrhena and dong quai according to traditional use in TCM.2
According to TCM, the kidney is responsible for reproduction and menstruation, as well as the transition between life stages including into menopause. By supporting healthy kidney Yin, with a herb like anemarrhena, hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness can be reduced.3
Relief for hot flushes
Dong quai is one of the primary herbs in Menopause Heat Relief and is traditionally used in TCM to reduce menopausal symptoms such as hot flushes.
In TCM, anemarrhena is regarded as have cooling properties with the ability to clear heat, while at the same time moistening the body’s tissues. This reflects its traditional use for the relief of menopausal hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness in TCM.
Relieve menopausal symptoms
Menopause Heat Relief also contains vitex for its traditional use in Western herbal medicine to decrease menopausal symptoms and maintain healthy reproductive hormones.
Plus, more traditional Chinese herbs
Menopause Heat Relief also contains pueraria (kudzu), standardised to include 35mg of isoflavones (phytoestrogens) per vegetable capsule - plus horny goat weed, phellodendron and morinda.
Also consider Fusion Menopause
Fusion Menopause Heat Relief is most suitable for women whose symptoms are predominantly indicative of kidney Yin deficiency (e.g. hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness) as relieved by anemarrhena in traditional Chinese medicine.
If you have other menopausal symptoms, consider Fusion Menopause. It contains black cohosh, which is traditionally used to relieve menopausal symptoms including disturbed sleep, irritability, mood swings and mild joint aches and pains in Western herbal medicine.
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly talk to your health professional.
Adults: Take 2 capsules one to two times a day, or as professionally prescribed.
Each vegetable capsule contains extracts dry concentrate:
|Anemarrhena (Anemarrhena asphodeloides) root and rhizome 150mg, dry equiv.||1.5g|
|Dong quai (Angelica polymorpha) root 75mg, dry equiv.||1.1g|
|Kudzu (Pueraria lobata) root 87.5mg, min. dry equiv.||875mg|
|equiv. to total isoflavones calc. as daidzin, daidzein and puerarin||35mg|
|Horny goat weed (Epimedium sagittatum) leaf 43.3mg, dry equiv.||650mg|
|Phellodendron (Phellodendron amurense) stem bark 95mg, dry equiv.||475mg|
|Morinda (Morinda officinalis) root 80mg, dry equiv.||400mg|
|Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) fruit 25mg, dry equiv.||250mg|
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- If symptoms persist or if you are unsure if this medicine is right for you, talk to your health professional.
- Vitex agnus-castus may affect hormones and medicines such as oral contraceptives. Consult your health professional before use.
- Always read the label. Follow the directions for use.
- If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.