Black cohosh is traditionally used to relieve menopausal symptoms in Western herbal medicine. In Fusion Menopause, it’s combined with dong quai, vitex and other herbs.
Features and benefits:
- Black cohosh is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve many common menopausal symptoms, including hot flushes, disturbed sleep, irritability, mood swings and mild rheumatic aches and pains
- Along with vitex, black cohosh also supports women’s reproductive hormone health, based on their traditional use in Western herbal medicine
- Dong quai is traditionally used in Chinese medicine to relieve menopausal symptoms and as a blood tonic
- Fusion Menopause also contains the herbs horny goat weed, curculigo, anemarrhena plus shatavari
How it works:
Menopause marks the end of a woman’s menstrual cycle and her reproductive years, and typically occurs between the ages of 45 and 55.
Levels of the hormones oestrogen and progesterone fluctuate during this time and periods become lighter, until eventually the ovaries stop releasing eggs and periods no longer occur.1
Common menopausal symptoms that women experience during this time may include hot flushes, difficulty sleeping, irritability and aches and pains.1
Black cohosh: traditionally used to relieve hot flushes, mood swings and more
Black cohosh relieves menopausal symptoms like hot flushes, irritability and mood swings, based on its traditional use in Western herbal medicine, where it’s also used to ease a wide variety of other menopausal symptoms, including restless sleep and mild rheumatic aches and pains.
Vitex: traditionally used to support reproductive hormone health
Together with black cohosh, vitex is utilised in traditional Western herbal medicine to support women’s reproductive hormone health during menopause.
Dong quai relieves menopausal symptoms
Dong quai is a herb traditionally used in Chinese medicine to reduce menopausal symptoms and as a blood tonic.
Also consider Fusion Menopause Heat Relief
In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness are often regarded as being due to kidney Yin deficiency. If you’re troubled by those types of menopausal symptoms, consider Fusion Menopause Heat Relief. It combines dong quai and vitex with anemarrhena, which is traditionally used in TCM to relieve hot flushes, night sweats and vaginal dryness when kidney Yin deficiency is present.
1. Victoria State Government. Last updated Nov 2019 and accessed May 2020 from betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/menopause
This medicine may not be right for you. Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly talk to your health professional.
Adults: Take 2 capsules one to two times a day, or as professionally prescribed.
Each vegetable capsule contains extracts dry concentrate:
|Anemarrhena (Anemarrhena asphodeloides) root and rhizome 85mg, dry equiv.||850mg|
|Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) root 133.33mg, dry equiv.||800mg|
|Dong quai (Angelica polymorpha) root 50mg, dry equiv.||750mg|
|Horny goat weed (Epimedium sagittatum) leaf 43.33mg, dry equiv.||650mg|
|Curculigo (Curculigo orchioides) root 71.43mg, dry equiv.||500mg|
|Black cohosh (Actaea racemosa) rhizome 100mg, dry equiv.||400mg|
|Vitex (Vitex agnus-castus) fruit 25mg, dry equiv.||250mg|
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.
- Do not use during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Vitex may affect hormones and medicines such as oral contraceptives. Consult your health professional before use.
- In very rare cases black cohosh has been associated with liver failure.
- If you are experiencing yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes, dark urine, nausea, vomiting, unusual tiredness, weakness, stomach or abdominal pain and/or loss of appetite you should stop using this product and see your doctor.
- This medicine may not be right for you.
- Read the label before purchase. Follow the directions for use.
- If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly talk to your health professional.
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
- No added artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, yeast, gluten, wheat, nuts, dairy or animal products.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.