PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ is a sterile medical grade wound dressing made from Leptospermum.sp (Manuka) honey (80%) and natural oils and waxes for wound management. It is ideal for dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals with wounds, burns, grazes and as a general first aid.
PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ provides the following beneficial properties:
- Protects the wound
- Helps maintain natural wound pH
- Remove Malodour
- Reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection
- May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissues
- Natural & non-toxic for animals
- Minimal heat treatment to preserve honey’s natural properties
- Special blend of natural waxes and oils to reduce the stinging associated with pure honey
- Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change.
Directions for use:
- Wash around the wound with a sterile saline.
- Apply PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing.
- In addition using a barrier cream can further protect the wound margin.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances.
- It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings.
- PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
Manuka Honey (80%), natural Gum, bees wax, and nourishing organic oils.
Available in a sterile 25g & 100g tube with induction seal and screw cap.
- Not for use on heavily exudating wounds
- Not recommended for body cavities
- In the event of a slow or non-responding wound, please seek veterinary advice.