Calcium is one of the most essential and important minerals in our body
It is also the most abundant, 99% is located in our bones and teeth
Calcium is also used by almost every cell in the body including the heart and nerves and is necessary for muscle contraction and for the development and maintenance of bone structure. Calcium is an important component of a healthy diet. Although we imagine our bones are permanent, they are actually being constantly renewed throughout our life and replaced with new bone tissue. In fact, our entire skeleton is renewed approximately every seven years!
If we do not consume enough calcium in our diet, our body takes the necessary calcium from our bones to use for other essential functions. This can result in brittle or porous bones, broken bones, low bone density and weakness - especially in later life.
To ensure we maintain excellent bone health, it is essential we receive sufficient quantities of calcium every day. It is even more important to ensure that the body can utilise and absorb the calcium it is given. Natural food-complexed calcium may be the most suitable form of calcium for long-term use. Usually good sources of minerals are obtained from natural plant and vegetable foods however calcium content is high in only a select number of foods.
Lifestream Natural Calcium is a breakthrough in calcium supplements and presents great potential over other calcium sources because of its porous structure, increased surface area and readily soluble calcium. Its “nature-made” organic composition associating key minerals such as boron and zinc as well as its natural calcium/magnesium ratio of 10:1 make it unique among calcium sources.
Who needs more Calcium?
- It can be difficult to obtain sufficient calcium in the diet if you do not eat plenty of dairy or other calcium containing products (sardines, tofu). So anyone who does not eat dairy products or who has a dairy allergy may require calcium supplementation.
- Athletes and pregnant and breastfeeding women require more calcium.
- Smokers and those who drink excessively are at risk of not absorbing sufficient calcium from their diet so they may require extra calcium.
- Peri and post menopausal women require more calcium because their estrogen levels are dropping and this reduces the body's ability to build bone.
- Also, those who are thin or have a small frame don't have a very large internal supply of calcium and may require extra calcium.
- Excessive protein or salt intake in the diet may lead to low bone density and weakness and therefore people with a high protein diet or those eating salty, processed foods may require extra calcium.
Lifestream Natural Calcium is the highest quality calcium available:
. The only calcium supplement that is Certified Organic
. Highly absorbed & well utilised by the body – right into the bones
. 100% Dairy-Free, G.E. Free, Animal Free, Vegetarian and Gluten Free
. Contains magnesium, zinc, boron, selenium and phosphorous - naturally
. Contains NO Hydroxyapatite (crushed cow bone)
. Contains NO animal products or by-products
. Contains NO preservatives or synthetic additives
. Very rich in calcium and contains trace minerals - naturally
. Not synthetically produced or made from chalk – it is a natural sea vegetable
. Does not cause soil erosion & is ecologically sustainable – good for the planet!
Sea-vegetable (Lithothamnium calcareum) 100% - no additives of any kind.
Adults: Take ½ to a rounded teaspoon Lifestream Natural Calcium powder daily or as directed by your health professional.
Children up to 12 years: Take ¼ to ½ teaspoon Lifestream Natural Calcium powder daily or as directed by your health professional. Capsules are not recommended for small children.
During Pregnancy/Breastfeeding: Take ½ to a rounded teaspoon Lifestream Natural Calcium powder daily or as directed by your health care professional.
Women 54yrs+: Take ½ to 1 teaspoon Lifestream Natural Calcium powder daily or as directed by your health care professional.
Store below 30°C. Keep dry and tightly sealed.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$25.95|