Blackmores Women's D-Stress Formula 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- Replenish nutrients important for the bodyﾒs response to stress
- Traditionally used for emotional exhaustion when stressed
- Helps support healthy functioning of the nervous system
- Traditionally support the bodyﾒs ability to cope in times of stress
- May help relieve premenstrual symptoms
- Provides antioxidants which assist in protecting cells from free radical damage and oxidative stress
Stress, particularly prolonged stress, places a big load on your body, especially your nervous system and adrenal glands.
Adrenal glands secrete adrenaline and other stress-related hormones in response to mental and emotional stress. These hormones cause an increase in heart and breathing rates, more blood being supplied to the muscles and brain, reduced production of digestive secretions and increased blood sugar levels. Constant and long-term stress can result in the adrenal glands becoming ﾑexhausted' leaving the individual tired and ﾑstressed out'.
Withania has traditionally been used as a balancing herb for the nervous system. It can help to deal with the symptoms of nervous exhaustion which can result from stress and overactivity, as it has a calming and relaxing effect. Withania has also traditionally been used as a tonic for the libido. It contains choline, a nutrient that is important for memory and learning function.
Vitamin C, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, zinc and magnesium are nutrients necessary for the production of adrenal hormones. During times of stress the body's need for these nutrients may increase.
B vitamins are necessary for nervous system health and the nervous system has an increased requirement for them during times of stress. The vitamin B group are water soluble vitamins that are not stored by the body in large amounts therefore regular consumption of these vitamins in the diet is necessary.
Magnesium and vitamin B6 may assist with mood imbalances associated with the menstrual cycle.
Zinc levels can be decreased during times of stress. Zinc is an important antioxidant and is required for the detoxification of chemicals including alcohol
Adults: Take 1 tablet twice a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 12.5mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 12.5mg
- Nicotinamide 25mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 37.5mg) 33.7mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 25mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 25ﾵg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 75mg
- Vitamin H (Biotin) 37.5ﾵg
- Folic acid 150ﾵg
- Magnesium oxide - heavy (Magnesium 62.5mg) 109mg
- Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 6mg) 30mg
- Withania somnifera (Winter cherry) extract equiv. to dry root 1.5g (1500mg)
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$29.99|