Blackmores Sustained Release Multi + Antioxidants
Features and benefits:
- The release of key vitamins and minerals over a prolonged period ensures nutrients are available when your body needs them.
- This is particularly important for vitamin C and the B vitamins which are water-soluble and not stored in the body in large amounts.
- Convenient one-a-day dosage.
Daily supplementation with a broad range of vitamins and minerals can provide "nutritional insurance" by helping to provide an optimum intake for the maintenance of good health. A Harvard review published in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2002 recommended that all adults should take a multivitamin daily. Statistics suggest that many people are not consuming optimal amounts of vitamins in their diets. Low levels of vitamins can contribute to the development of a range of conditions.
A National Health survey conducted by the Australian Bureau of Statistics in 2007-2008 showed that just under half of the Australian population does not eat enough fruit and 90% don't eat enough vegetables on a daily basis. In addition recent studies have shown that the nutrient levels in fruits, vegetables and some food crops have declined in the past 50 years. This may be primarily due to the way food is grown, processed and prepared.
Adults: Take 1 tablet a day with meal, or as professionally prescribed. Not suitable for children under 15 years.
Children under 12 years: We recommend Blackmores Kids Multi.
Contraindications and cautions:
The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 2500 IU. Dosage: WARNING - When taken in excess of 8000 IU vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 ﾵg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded.
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate 860 ﾵg) 2500 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 30 mg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 10 mg
- Nicotinamide 30 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 31.5 mg) 28.8 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 30 mg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50 ﾵg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 150 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 5 ﾵg) 200 IU
- Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate 20.7 mg) 25 IU
- Vitamin H (Biotin) 100 ﾵg
- Folic acid 400 ﾵg
- Selenomethionine (Selenium 65 ﾵg) 161.5 ﾵg
- Calcium phosphate (Calcium 17.4 mg) 46.9 mg
- Magnesium phosphate (Magnesium 10 mg) 48.4 mg
- Zinc sulfate monohydrate (Zinc 6mg) 16.5 mg
- Potassium sulfate (Potassium 5mg) 11.1 mg
- Ferrous fumarate (Iron 5 mg) 16 mg
- Manganese sulfate monohydrate (Manganese 1 mg) 3.1 mg
- Cupric sulfate pentahydrate (Copper 200 ﾵg) 786 ﾵg
- Chromic chloride (Chromium 200 ﾵg) 1 mg
- Potassium iodide (Iodine 100 ﾵg) 131 ﾵg
- Inositol 50 mg
- Borax (Boron 2 mg) 17.6 mg
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$0.00|