Blackmores Kids Multi 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- No artificial sweeteners.
- Great tasting chewable, strawberry-vanilla flavoured tablet.
- Tooth-friendly formula.
- Suitable for children 2 to 12.
- Supplements the gaps in important vitamins and minerals that may result from fussy eating.
- Assists healthy bone development.
- Helps release energy from food.
A 2008 review of eating behaviour in children concluded that many children do not consume the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables and therefore are not getting sufficient micronutrients and fibre essential for normal, healthy development. Fussy eaters in particular consume fewer amounts of foods containing vitamin E, vitamin C, folate and fibre, probably due to their lower consumption of fruits and vegetables, and may be at risk of essential nutrient deficiency.
The B group vitamins play an essential role in the metabolic processes of all living cells by serving as coenzymes in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats to produce energy. Many of the B vitamins are required by the body to release energy from food.
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for humans, as we are one of the few animals that cannot make our own. It assists in the absorption of iron, and has many other functions in the body.
Vitamin D - Adequate levels of vitamin D throughout life are important for building and maintaining healthy bones.
Iodine is important for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland. Iodine deficiency may affect up to 76% of Australian children. Lowered iodine levels may impair cognitive development and IQ.
Zinc has many functions in the body. It is involved in many aspects of the immune system and helps support immune function. Along with vitamin D it is necessary to support children's bone health. Zinc may also play an important role in children's cognitive function, as well as helping to support concentration and mental performance.
- Children 2-6 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Children 7-12 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 2 tablets a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
- Not suitable for children under 2 years.
Contraindications and cautions:
Always read the label. Use only as directed. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate 200ﾵg) 582.5 IU
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine nitrate) 350 ﾵg
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavine) 550 ﾵg
- Nicotinamide (Vitamin B3) 6 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from Calcium pantothenate 1.6 mg) 1.5 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 650 ﾵg
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 750 ﾵg
- Folic acid 50 ﾵg
- Vitamin C (from ascorbic acid 10mg and sodium ascorbate 11.3mg) 20 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 2.5 ﾵg) 100 IU
- Natural Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate 12.4 mg) 15 IU
- Biotin 25 ﾵg
- Calcium hydrogen phosphate anhydrous (Calcium 5 mg) 17 mg
- Potassium iodide (Iodine 75 ﾵg) 98.3 ﾵg
- Ferrous fumarate (Iron 1.3 mg) 3.8 mg
- Magnesium phosphate (Magnesium 5 mg) 24.2 mg
- Manganese amino acid chelate (Manganese 12.5 ﾵg) 125 ﾵg
- Zinc oxide (Zinc 1mg) 1.2 mg
Blackmores Kids Multi may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
A round white / brown speckled chewable tablet.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$14.95|