Blackmores Kids Immunities 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- Contains ingredients that are required for development of the immune system and play a role in optimal immunity.
- Supports the immune system during mild infections such as colds and flu.
- Great tasting orange-flavoured chewable tablet.
- No artificial sweeteners, colours or flavours.
Vitamins and minerals can contribute to the body's natural defences on three different levels. They:
1. Assist in maintaining the bodyﾒs first line of defence, the skin and mucous membrane barrier.
2. Support the protective activities of the immune cells
3. Are needed for the production of specific immune proteins (antibodies) that act against invading micro-organisms.
Inadequate intake of these vitamins and trace elements may lead to lowered immunity, which exposes the body to the risk of infection.
Vitamin A- is required for the normal functioning of the immune system. It plays a central role in the development and differentiation of immune cells and appears to be involved in some immune cells' activation. It also helps maintain the integrity of mucous membranes and skin.
Vitamin C- supports immune responses by providing antioxidant protection. Vitamin C is also involved in the function of some immune cells
Vitamin D- immune cells have a vitamin D receptor, which when exposed to the active form of vitamin D, results in the body making a special protein to help destroy invading pathogens.
Vitamin E- is essential for the normal function of the immune system and is found in high concentrations in immune cells, because they are at especially high risk for oxidative damage.
Zinc- affects multiple aspects of the immune system as it is crucial for the normal development and function of immune cells.
Children 2-12 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) two tablets a day with a meal or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
Not to be used in children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl acetate 114.9 ?g) 100 ?g RE
- Vitamin C 60 mg (Ascorbic acid from sodiumascorbate 67.5 mg)
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 5 ?g) 200 IU
- Vitamin E (d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate 5.8 mg) 7 IU
- Zinc (as zinc oxide 3.1 mg) 2.5 mg
Kids Immunities may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
Round, light orange tablet.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$14.95|