Blackmores Echinacea + Zinc 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- Supports healthy immune function
- Relieves symptoms of mild upper respiratory tract infections such as colds and flu
- May shorten the duration and decrease the severity of cold symptoms
- May decrease the incidence of colds
How it works:
Echinacea has been shown to stimulate the immune system and reduce the duration of colds and minor infections of the respiratory tract. One of the ways that echinacea works in the immune system is by increasing the number of white blood cells. White blood cells are involved in defending the body against foreign micro-organisms. Echinacea also stimulates a group of immune system cells called phagocytes, which engulf and digest bacteria or other foreign bodies.
Betacarotene is a precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for healthy skin function and repair and for the maintenance of healthy mucous membranes including the lining of the stomach and lungs. Betacarotene is an antioxidant that reduces the risk of cellular damage caused by free radicals.
Vitamin C is important to immunity as it is involved in the function of white blood cells and antibodies. It is beneficial when dealing with the symptoms of the common cold.
Vitamin E enhances immune function by increasing antibody production and lymphocyte function. Lymphocytes are cells in the body which produce antibodies to attach to infected cells. Vitamin E supports immune function via its antioxidant action.
Zinc is a mineral that is essential to good health as it is found in every cell of the body and is involved in many enzyme reactions. Adequate levels of zinc are critical for the proper functioning of the immune system. Zinc inhibits the growth of many viruses, including the common cold viruses.
Calcium plays a role in the maintenance of the immune system.
Vitamin B6 enhances immune responsiveness.
Adults: Take 1 tablet 3 times a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-12 years: Only as professionally prescribed. Not to be used by children under 2 years of age without medical advice.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional
Active ingredients per tablet:
- Echinacea purpurea (Echinacea) extract equiv. to dry whole plant 500 mg
- Betacarotene 3 mg
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid from calcium pantothenate 28 mg) 25.7 mg
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 13 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic acid) 250 mg
- Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopheryl acid succinate 41.3 mg) 50 IU
- Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 1.3 mg) 6.5 mg
Zinc may decrease the absorption and efficacy of some medications. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics separate doses by at least 2 hours.
A red-brown, oval shaped tablet with opaque coating.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$27.49|