Blackmores Lyp Sine
Features and benefits:
- Contains vitamin C and zinc for the healing of lesions.
- Suitable for pregnancy at the reduced dose of 1 tablet per day.
Lysine has been shown to reduce the number of outbreaks of cold sores. It can reduce the severity of the outbreak, and decrease the severity of symptoms such as itching, burning and pain.
A cold sore develops when the herpes simplex virus is active and replicating itself. The virus uses large amounts of the amino acid arginine for this replication process. The amino acid lysine competes with arginine for absorption into cells and tissues. Increasing lysine intake limits the amount of arginine available for the virus to use to replicate itself.
Including foods in the diet that have a high lysine content, such as vegetables, legumes, fish, sprouts and dairy products, helps to reduce the severity of cold sore outbreaks. Foods which have a high arginine content are best avoided during an outbreak of cold sores. These include chocolate, nuts, oats, carob, coconut and soya beans.
Healing time of lesions is reduced when taking lysine, zinc and vitamin C. Both zinc and vitamin C are involved in the production of collagen. Collagen is the connective tissue that is found in skin. Promoting collagen production assists with the normal healing of skin lesions.
- Adults Dose for risk reduction: 2 tablets per day.
- Dose for management of outbreak: 2 tablets, 2 times per day.
- Children (under 6 years): As professionally prescribed.
- Children (from 6 years to 12 years): Take 1 tablet per day, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period of time.
- Consult your healthcare professional before use if you have had renal calculi (kidney stones). Ascorbic acid may increase the risk of recurrence of calcium oxalate calculi.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
- Lysine hydrochloride 500 mg
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 250 mg
- Zinc amino acid chelate (Zinc 10 mg) 50 mg
Blackmores Lyp-Sine may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
A pink capsule-shaped tablet.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$0.00|