Blackmores Kaloba® 50mL
Features and benefits
- Reduces recovery time and symptoms in acute bronchitis
- AUST-R complementary medicine
- Children’s doses* for acute bronchitis
- Well-tolerated and effective for family members over 2 years old with acute bronchitis
- Convenient drop dosage
*Children under the age of 6 years should only be treated with Kaloba® after previous consultation with a doctor
What is Kaloba®
The active ingredient in Kaloba® is Pelargonium sidoides
For centuries, the herb Pelargonium sidoides has been traditionally used in South Africa for the treatment of respiratory diseases. The common name for this herb is umckaloabo which is derived from the Zulu language and means “heavy cough”. Today specialised farms using ecological cultivation methods produce P. sidoides.
Kaloba® has been used extensively in Europe since 1999.
Adults and adolescents over the age of 12 years:
Take 30 drops (=1.35 ml) 3 times a day
Children aged between 6-12 years: Take 20 drops (=0.9 ml) 3 times a day
Children aged between 2-5 years:
Give 10 drops (=0.45 ml) 3 times a day.
Contraindications and Cautions
Take 60 drops (=2.7 ml) 3 times a day.
- Kaloba® should not be used in children under 2 years of age.
- Children under the age of 6 years should only be treated with Kaloba® after previous consultation with your doctor.
- Use during pregnancy or breast feeding is not recommended without first consulting with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Contains alcohol.
- Treatment duration should not exceed 1 week for acute bronchitis and 3 weeks for acute sinusitis.
- Consult your doctor immediately if the condition does not improve within one week, if you have fever that lasts for several days or in the case of shortness of breath or if you cough up bloody sputum.
Active ingredient per 1 mL:
Pelargonium sidoides extract equiv. to 91 mg dry root
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$19.95|