10 Reasons to RETHINK your next workout and become one of the crowd.
Attending a group fitness class can be a daunting prospect for any gym attendee. The idea of having to commit to a certain time, step outside your comfort zone and sweat it out with a room full of strangers is not exactly on most people’s bucket list.
The truth is that group fitness can benefit you in many ways and is actually a lot of fun! Classes help keep you motivated, can become a social event and are great for making new friends who also enjoy staying fit and healthy. After reading the definitive top ten reasons for joining a group fitness class you will realise why all your friends attend 45 – 60 minute classes religiously and find yourself thinking “why have I never given this a try!”.
The reasons are as follows:
1. CORRECT INSTRUCTION - Correct technique is vitally important in any workout to prevent injuries and to help you achieve maximum results. A group setting is great if you feel intimidated to use particular equipment or ask questions as the instructor will always advise you on what you need to know to get started.
2. MOTIVATION – Exercising with a great instructor whilst standing next to someone else doing the same workout could be what you need to motivate yourself to go that little bit harder each class.
3. SOCIALISATION – Being in a group has a great social aspect to it and is a more engaging experience than exercising on your own.
4. COST EFFECTIVE – Personal training sessions can cost you up to three times more than a single group fitness class. This means for the same amount of money you are able to attend a few group fitness classes a week.
5. CONSISTENCY IN YOUR ROUTINE – At your local fitness centre they will have a current group fitness timetable so that you can choose classes that suit you and your availability. This allows you to take part in a variety of fitness classes while forming a weekly exercise routine.
Click HERE to check out the full list!