Four strategies to support your weight loss plan
If you’re serious about losing weight, you need all the help you can get sticking to your diet and lifestyle goals. Once you’ve chosen the nutritious diet and exercise plan that’s right for you, the next step is to maximise your chances of success. These smart strategies will help boost your discipline and support your hard work.
1. Find an exercise routine you can stick to
A healthy diet is only part of the solution when it comes to weight loss. If you’ve found it difficult to maintain a training regime in the past, optimise your chances of becoming a regular exerciser by incorporating your activity into your existing daily routine. For example, try scheduling your workout to occur immediately before or after your work commute, or as soon as you’ve dropped the kids off at school.
2. Promote fat burning with Green Coffee and Green Tea
Further enhance energy expenditure (the utilisation of calories for energy) by taking a supplement containing standardised extracts of Green Coffee and Green Tea in conjunction with your healthy diet and exercise routine.
Green (or unroasted) coffee beans contain compounds called chlorogenic acids (CGA), which have been shown to activate thermogenesis, the process by which heat is generated in the body, which in turn helps to increase energy expenditure and therefore may be beneficial in aiding weight loss.
Similarly, standardised extracts of Green Tea may help to promote weight loss when taken in doses providing at least 625mg of catechins per day.
3. Take Garcinia to inhibit your appetite
Many people find that the most difficult part of dieting is dealing with feeling hungry all the time. If that’s something you’re familiar with, the first step is to tweak your diet to ensure it’s providing you with sufficient food to fill you up, including regular servings of high quality protein and slowly metabolised carbohydrates (low-GI carbohydrates).
At the same time, taking Garcinia may help to reduce your appetite and thus make it easier to follow your new eating plan.
It also helps reduce body fat percentage and improves the proportion of lean body mass.
4. Eat a healthy, high protein breakfast, every day
Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day. Research has shown that people who skip breakfast are more likely than other people to develop blood sugar issues as they get older - perhaps because they’re also more inclined to reach for sugary or starchy snacks as the day progresses. To maintain better control over cravings later in the day, start with a healthy, high protein breakfast such as a free-range egg accompanied by some steamed spinach or mushrooms.
Fusion® Health premium quality Australian-made supplements combine the ancient wisdom of Chinese medicine and the science of modern Western herbalism, including:
- Fusion® Health Weight Burn, a high potency Green Coffee and Green Tea supplement with standardised levels of CGA and catechins to support weight loss.
- Fusion® Health Weight Loss, combining therapeutic doses of Garcinia, HCA and garcinol with other herbs that help inhibit appetite and support weight loss.
- Braun L, Cohen M. Herbs and natural supplements: an evidence-based guide, 3rd ed. Sydney: Elsevier Churchill Livingstone, 2010, Kindle edition.
- Buchanan R, Beckett RD. Green coffee for pharmacological weight loss. J Evid-Based Complem Alt Med 2013;18:309-13
- Chuah LO, et al. Updates on antiobesity effect of Garcinia origin (-)-HCA. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013; Art. ID.: 751658