Blackmores Vitamin A 5000 150 capsules
Features and benefits:
- Capsule form for ease of swallowing.
- Convenient one-a-day dosage.
Vitamin A is essential for vision (especially night vision), healthy skin function and repair, for the maintenance of healthy mucous membranes such as the lining of the digestive and respiratory tracts, and for maintenance of a healthy immune system.
Vitamin A is vital for the formation of healthy epithelial cells. Mucous membranes, skin and the lining of the digestive and respiratory tracts are all examples of epithelial tissue. These cells form a protective layer on body surfaces. Many epithelial cells produce mucus which is necessary to lubricate body surfaces and protect against invading micro-organisms.
Vitamin A plays an essential role in protecting the body from infection. It helps keep body surfaces healthy so they can act as barriers to invading micro-organisms. Vitamin A stimulates and enhances many immune functions including antibody response and the activity of various white blood cells such as T helper cells and phagocytes. This immune-enhancing function promotes healing of infected tissues and increases resistance to infection.
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily with main meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years: Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 700 ﾵg retinol equivalents for women and 900 ﾵg retinol equivalents for men. When taken in excess of 3000 ﾵg retinol equivalents vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Vitamin A (Retinyl palmitate 2.8 mg) (1.5 mg retinol equivalents) 5000 IU
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$16.45|