Blackmores Prostate Health Formula 60 capsules
Features and benefits:
- May help to protect prostate cells by reducing the risk of free radical damage.
- Provides relief from the symptoms of medically diagnosed benign enlargement of the prostate (BPH), including frequent day and night urination, difficulty in starting and finishing urination and a weak urinary flow.
- Helps to maintain a healthy prostate.
- Clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
- Clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
The combination of ingredients in Blackmores Prostate Health Formula supports prostate health in 2 ways.
Antioxidant protection of prostate cells
Lycopene: High levels of lycopene are normally found in the prostate. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant which may help to reduce cell damage. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a natural form of lycopene extracted from tomatoes.
Selenium & vitamin E: May assist in maintaining the health of the prostate through their role in providing cellular protection from free radical damage.
Zinc: A normal human prostate has the highest level of zinc of any soft tissue in the body. It may be important for healthy testosterone regulation, which is important for maintaining a healthy prostate.
Relief of medically diagnosed BPH symptoms
Saw palmetto: Saw palmetto has been shown to improve symptoms of BPH such as night time urination and poor urine flow. Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically trialled extract and dose of saw palmetto.
Nettle root: Like saw palmetto, nettle root relieves the symptoms of a medically diagnosed enlarged prostate (BPH). Blackmores Prostate Health Formula contains a clinically relevant dose of nettle root.
Adults: Take 1 capsule twice a day with meals, or as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Selenium is toxic in high doses. Selenium in dietary supplements should not exceed a daily dose of 150 ﾵg.
- If symptoms persist see your healthcare professional.
- Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Consult your doctor before use and ensure your condition has been diagnosed as benign prostatic enlargement.
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Serenoa serrulata (Saw palmetto) extract equivalent to dry fruit standardised to contain fatty acids 1.6 g (1600 mg) 144 mg
- Urtica dioica (Nettle) extract equiv. to dry root 1.1 g (1100 mg)
- Lycopene (natural extract from tomatoes) 2.5 mg
- Natural vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol 50.3 mg) 75 IU
- Selenomethionine (Selenium 50 ﾵg) 125 ﾵg
- Zinc sulphate monohydrate (Zinc 7.5 mg) 20.8 mg
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$36.95|