Blackmores Kids Mineral Minds 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- Contains iodine which is necessary for IQ development.
- Contains minerals necessary for school performance.
- No artificial sweeteners.
- Tooth-friendly formula.
- Great tasting, chewable, strawberry flavoured tablet.
- Helps with the metabolism of omega-3s.
- For best results, Blackmores recommends that you use this product with Kids Fruity Fishiesﾙ
The development of the brain continues throughout childhood and adolescence and requires a steady supply of many nutrients including essential minerals. Mineral deficiencies are more common than is often believed and can negatively impact the development and function of the growing brain.
Iodine deficiency may be more common than most people realise. Studies on the effects of iodine deficiency in children conclude that iodine deficiency can lower the IQ of school-aged children by 13.5 points. Healthy iodine levels are required for IQ development and school performance.
Iron is found in high levels in brain tissue, and has multiple roles in the function of neurotransmitters in the brain. Low blood iron levels have been linked to poorer maths performance in a large, nationwide study of over 5,000 American children.
Zinc helps to support concentration, reasoning and cognition in children. Low levels of zinc may be linked with reduced reading ability. The incidence of suboptimal zinc consumption in Australia is widespread, with 32% of 8-11 year old boys and 70% of 8-11 year old girls consuming less than the RDI of zinc.
Magnesium is highly concentrated in brain tissue and is required for proper nerve function.
Other nutrients have a vital role to play in the developing brain. Vitamin B12 is required for proper nerve development. Vitamin C, as well as assisting in iron absorption, is involved with the synthesis of neurotransmitters. Zinc and vitamin B6 have a role in the metabolism of essential fatty acids including EPA and DHA which are found in fish oil.
- Children 2-6 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 1 tablet a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. Not suitable for children under 2 years.
- Children 7-12 years: Chew (do not swallow whole) 2 tablets a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed. Not suitable for children under 2 years.
- Not suitable for children under 2 years.
Contraindications and cautions:
Always read the label. Use only as directed.
- Vitamin B6
(Pyridoxine hydrochloride) 3 mg
- Vitamin B12
(Cyanocobalamin) 50 ﾵg
- Vitamin C
(Ascorbic acid from calcium ascorbate dihydrate 30.3 mg) 25 mg
- Folic acid 100 ﾵg
- Potassium iodide (Iodine 75 ﾵg) 98.3 ﾵg
- Ferrous fumarate (Iron 5mg) 25.4 mg
- Magnesium oxide 56.5 mg
- Magnesium oxide heavy
(total equiv. magnesium 35 mg) 1.49 mg
- Zinc oxide (Zinc 4 mg) 5 mg
Blackmores Kids Mineral Mindsﾙ may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
A round white/brown speckled tablet.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$16.45|