Blackmores Joint Formula Advanced
Features and benefits:
- Extra strength dual action formula to help relieve osteoarthritic joint pain
- Helps reduce cartilage wear
- Chondroitin provides nutrition to the joints
- Contains the most scientifically validated form of glucosamine, glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex
- Contains the most commonly studied daily dose of chondroitin
The ingredients in Blackmores Joint Formula Advanced, including glucosamine, chondroitin, manganese and boron, have been selected for the benefits they provide to the joints and can provide relief from various symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Osteoarthritis is characterized by joint degeneration and loss of cartilage. As we get older the ﾑwear and tearﾒ effects of use may cause degenerative changes in the cartilage. The cartilage becomes more susceptible to breakdown and damage, which may result in the typical symptoms of osteoarthritis. Ageing decreases the ability to restore and synthesize normal cartilage.
Glucosamine and sulfate are natural components of the cartilage matrix and synovial fluid. Glucosamine is a major building block of the substances that together with protein form the structural units in cartilage. These structural units, called aggrecan, are important for the elasticity, resilience and shock-absorbing properties of cartilage. Supplementary glucosamine sulfate as glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex helps reduce cartilage wear, increase joint mobility and decrease joint stiffness in osteoarthritis.
Clinical trials have shown that 1500 mg glucosamine sulfate as sodium chloride complex significantly improves pain and functionality in osteoarthritis. Results show a decrease in pain of 20-41%, and improved functionality of 21-46%. In addition, glucosamine sulfate may have a long-term protective effect, acting to reduce cartilage wear and slow the progression of osteoarthritis. An eight-year study on 275 patients, published in 2008, found that supplementation with 1500 mg/day of glucosamine sulfate for at least one year reduced the risk of knee replacement to approximately half that of the placebo group. The same study also found in a sub-group analysis that patients who had previously taken glucosamine sulfate used significantly less medications & health resources for osteoarthritis symptoms.
Chondroitin, like glucosamine, is a natural component of cartilage. Chondroitin is also involved in the lubrication and nutrition of the joint, and helps the joints to resist compression.
Manganese and boron are minerals which appear to play roles in joint health. Manganese is essential for the production of cartilage and bone. Boron plays a role in the chemical make-up of bones and joints.
- Adults: Take 1 easy swallow tablet twice a day with meals or as professionally prescribed
- Children under 12 years: Only as professionally prescribed.
Contraindications and cautions:
- Glucosamine is derived from seafood. Not recommended for people with seafood allergies.
- Contains approximately 228 mg sodium per daily dose
- May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms
- Chondroitin sulfate-bovine sodium 95% (Chondroitin sulfate sodium 400 mg) 421 mg
- Glucosamine sulfate sodium chloride complex
- Equivalent to glucosamine sulfate 750 mg 942 mg
- Manganese gluconate (Manganese 1 mg) 8.8 mg
- Borax (Boron 1 mg) 8.8 mg
This product may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
White, vanilla flavoured tablet with easy-to-swallow coating.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$0.00|