Blackmores Immunodefence 60 tablets
Features and benefits:
- Contains 3 key immune supporting ingredients
- Supports the bodyﾒs immune defences, which fight off colds and flu
- May boost the activity of certain immune cells and support healthy immune resistance
Lactoferrin- is a compound that is naturally produced in the body by immune cells and it is particularly prevalent in secretions of the upper airways, eyes and stomach. Bovine lactoferrin supplementation has been shown to boost the activity of certain immune cells.
Vitamin D- The crucial role for vitamin D in the immune system's function is a recent discovery. A recent large study evaluating over 18000 participants found that those with healthy blood levels of vitamin D were less likely to have recently had a cold or an upper respiratory tract infection. Vitamin D has the ability to switch on special anti-microbial proteins that can help fight viruses. The cells that line the upper and lower airways can also secrete these special proteins as a defence against infection.
Zinc- affects multiple aspects of the immune system, and low levels of zinc may affect immunological functions adversely. Zinc is required for the synthesis of immune regulatory proteins and for maintaining normal immune function.
- Adults: Take 2 capsules a day with a meal or as professionally prescribed.
- Not be used by children under 2 years without medical advice.
- Children 2-12: we recommend Blackmores Kids Immunitiesﾙ
Contraindications and cautions:
Not suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Lactoferrin: bovine 100 mg
- Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 10 ﾵg) 400 IU
- Zinc (as zinc oxide 3.1 mg) 2.5 mg
ImmunoDefence may interfere with certain other medications you may be taking. Click here to learn more.
Small, white, two-piece hardshell capsule.
|Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price||$31.99|